The blogging world is a big, big place. In a way the internet is like a jungle. You start out by hacking your way through, one blog post at a time until you hit your own barrier. I am not saying all of you are like that, but most are. To survive, eat, drink and make money on the internet you need to know the five golden survival tips to Blogging.
First of all think like a tiger, they embody the jungle, they map there kills, track them,evaluate them and they plan there blog so to speak. They build it to conquer. Same goes with blogging and being a blogger one must tune oneself with the right know how and character to build what one wants.
It's not so much about whacking up a blog no more and adding some content, there is more to it than that. That's where this hub comes in.
Below are 5 Survival Tips to Blogging
1. ) Step one of Blogging Survival is finding your Niche - Find a niche that gets traffic as well as something you enjoy writing about. I know it is easy to do something similar to another blogger, but trust me finding a unique niche works better. Always check via a tool suck as keyword spy to make sure others are looking for that niche keyword.
2. ) In step two of blogging survival write at least 20 to 30 good posts all related to your niche and your main keywords. Make the titles and content based around keywords people search on. Make each at least 600 to 1000 words each. Yes more content is better these days. And I also recommend using images, this keeps people on your page for longer and reduces bounce rate.
3. ) In step 3 get as many Back links for these starter posts and homepage as possible from Directories, Hubs, Squidoo Lenses, Forums and blog commenting. To be a great survivor one must adapt and get support from many, back links is that support online for our content. It tells the search engines these pages should be indexed. Thus creating targeted search engine traffic.
4. ) In step 4, convert your audience. This is done by adding related affiliate programs to your niche. The more related the better. Some good examples are Infolinks, Google AdSense, Bidvertiser, CPA ads, ClickBank and many more. Once you start getting traffic and converting visitors that come to your blog into sales, this is the fuel to keep YOU motivated.
Each time you receive a sale it will really help you keep blogging. This is a blogger's fuel in a way.
5. ) In step 5 of survival it is all about diversifying. What i mean by this is look at other options of adaption to your jungle blogging environment. To adapt fully, use a list building technique or something similar to hold your audience on your website. That way when people leave your blog you have a better chance of them coming back.
After step 5, take a breather and then go back and repeat.
This guide is a funny way of looking at blogging and comparing it to jungle survival. What inspired me to write it is from watching too many episodes of Bear Grills and Survivor Man on TV while trying to blog late at night.
Timon Weller is the author of this article. He is the online writer for many blogs online including his main Buyers Web Blog. If you enjoyed this article and your interested in making money online then consider downloading Timons new ebook - Six Figure Blogging which is available free to all visitors of his blog.